Something about starting a new year makes me want to dream and list out my top places I'd like to visit! I know I won't be able to visit them all. I'll be happy if we can make one happen! But it's fun to dream. I'm keeping my list to places in the US only this year. Some are repeats from the past, but some are new! And I have to throw in the culprit - the main thing that really got me dreaming. HGTV's dream home giveaway is something I'm interested in every year, but this year is unique because they're giving something extra away for the first time - a 2021 Class C motorhome. As soon as I saw the photos of this beauty, I began dreaming of all the possibilities! So here it is, my US travel bucket list for 2021:
1. Salt Lake City + Yellowstone National Park - It's been a year and a half since my brother and his family moved across the country to Utah. We still haven't gotten out to visit them, so this has to be at the top of my list. It's about 5 hours from Yellowstone! Kris has visited Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and he's seen Grand Tetons as well. He loved it and wants to take me back, so we'd definitely make a trip out of it.
2. Glacier National Park + Whitefish, Montana - I'm on a Montana kick for sure, and this little town is like stepping into a Hallmark movie. There are so many beautiful places to see in this state, but I'd love to start with Glacier National Park.
3. New England - I think it'd be fun to come up with a loose schedule and just travel through the entire area, stopping along the way wherever we feel like it!
4. Washington + the Oregon Coast - I've been wanting to travel to the Pacific Northwest for years, and this will be on my bucket list until I make it out there.
5. Southwest Tour - We were supposed to take a Southwest trip for our baby moon, but then Covid started shutting everything down. We didn't go on that trip last spring, but I'd still like to see those places - Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, etc.
6. Yosemite + San Francisco - We thought about making our baby moon trip Yosemite and San Fran, but not every part of the park is open all year long, and if we're going to take a trip across the country, we would like to see as much of the park as possible! I know this would be an amazing trip.